FREE INSPECTIONS (954) 638-6111
The Claims Department at Select Public Adjusters, LLC. is ready to help resolve and settle your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible and obtaining the maximum value of your claim. If you have suffered a loss or damage to your property or business, It is imperative that the insured mitigate or prevent any further damages to their property. Before you start the claim process the following steps should be taken to minimize loss:
1. Take as many photos and video recording of the damage area.
2. Take whatever steps you can to prevent further damage. Make sure it is safe to make the temporary repairs (placing tarps on damaged roofs, boarding up broken windows, mitigate any water damage etc.) Your claim adjuster can provide you with recommendations and advice for undertaking any repairs.
3. Remember to keep all your receipts for any temporary repairs you make (Plumber invoice, water restoration, mold mitigation etc.) Also retain receipts for living expenses as a result of the loss to your residence.
4. While tempted to clean up as much as possible, especially after a hurricane, do not throw away household belongings such as furniture or any personal items until these items have been inspected.
5. Call Select Public Adjusters immediately, for your free on site inspection. You should have with you your policy, pictures, evidence, and any reports ready for us to review.
***Do Not Give In When Claims Denied By Your Homeowner Insurance. Even though some 10 percent of insurance claims are unjustly denied, less than one percent of claimants even bother to question their insurance company about a denied claim. Giving up after an initial denial can be a costly mistake: most policy holders who contest a denied claim either end up ultimately winning the case or securing better settlement terms. If your insurance claim has been denied, there are a few steps you should take to ensure you are not being treated unfairly. Contact your insurer and insist on a written explanation for why your claim was denied. Carefully review your policy, making note of any provisions that seem unjust, confusing or ambiguous. And, do not allow your insurer to talk you out of pursuing a potentially valid claim - trust your sense of fairness and speak with a Public Adjuster. If something about how your claim has been handled does not seem fair to you, chances are the applicable law will support your position. Contacting Select Public Adjusters, LLC experience in handling insurance claims may be your most important step. Our Public Adjusters will help you get a maximize settlement.